Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Visitor






Jacob had his second soccer game of the season tonight and I was able to go. It is eye opening to see him with other kids his age. He stands out as being an odd ball type of guy. Quiet. Quirky. Non-athletic. Loner. Visitor. My heart, as a mother, went out to him. I don't know if he's aware that he's different, or that he even cares. I love my kiddo and want what's best for him and for him to be happy. Maybe being different is what makes him happy. I need to focus on his quirks and love him all the more for them.


1 comment:

  1. Jacob is a wonderful kid! It was fun for us to get to know him, when we were his teachers. He has a great personality and is highly intelligent. A kid any mom would be proud to have :) My own opinion, people put too much emphasis on child socialization with other children. After all, we are teaching our kids to function in the world as adults, kids don't learn to be adults from other kids. He's a delight to be around, from an adult's perspective.

    ReplyDelete

 

.